My year one goals can be placed into two main categories; personal habits and education.
My Personal Habits list consists of things I need to/want to do on a daily basis that help grow and strengthen my character, family and relationships. They are also the daily habits I need to practice in order to have time to do the other things on my list. As habits they are everyday, and in some cases minute-by-minute, choices I must consistently make to reach said goals.
The second category, Education, are the topics you will see in this blog. In order to move anywhere near the direction of what I have listed as my 10 yr. plan I have to build some skills. This skill building needs to start today in order to allow for the eventual mastery I aspire to. That being said, I have devised a plan for self education.
I have 6 main “classes” or initial areas of study. With my life commitments it would be impractical for me to suggest I will “touch” each of these areas everyday. I can however treat these areas as classes. I can focus on each area for a number of hrs per week. There are a few areas I must commit to a period of time daily, though these tend to be shorter periods of time.
Class Schedule (in no particular order):
- Design Software and web applications. I am currently learning Adobe Illustrator.
- Design and Color Theory as well as Typography.
- Begin my study of Spanish. This is a 15 – 30 minutes per day commitment.
- Make keeping up with current events a habit. This is also a daily habit. I will start by keeping up with the BBC World News podcast and keep adding as the habit grows.
- Strengthen weaving essential skills. Weave daily. The first step really is to weave daily. I have started with a minimum of 20 minutes.
- Fitness – Get on a fitness regimen and stick with it. Hmm not wonder plan here. . . yet.
- Take advantage of any opportunities to further my knowledge of Architecture, Art History, Business and History.
So far this plan has been working for me. I have a few details to work out such as a reliable Spanish program, preferably free. I already have a lot of basics, but would like to strengthen that foundation and build upon it. I would appreciate any ideas any of you may have.