Interestingly enough, figuring out what my areas of focus are was only the very beginning of the process.
Again, I found myself overwhelmed with directions to take my passions. I decided to start by compiling a list of skills I would like to acquire and the work I would like to be doing in the next 8 to 10 yrs. Zooming out to this larger picture made it possible for me to zoom into this year and figure out what I needed to start to accomplish in order to reach my 10 yr goals. Here is a list of my more professional 10 year goals.
- Begin traveling to teach weaving with development projects such as Weave a Real Peace.
- Own a warehouse type building with studio space for various artists; or, have a weaving and design studio in my home.
- Be able to lend experience to various environmental design challenges through graphics, weaving and service/experience design.
- Be a contributor; confident, intelligent, courageous and independent
- Be an established contributor to our community
- Be lean, strong and fit.
- Be fluent in Spanish
- Be an established Art weaver and teacher